Thursday 8 March 2012

Healthy Granola Bars for Teens in sports



Good evening, gentle readers...

  Today was pretty busy with alot of errands, but I still wanted to make some chewy granola bars for my daughter. She plays ball, and I have noticed how after every practice, she is ravenous! She finds it hard to wait until we get home, so I suggested she make sure to pack her sports bag with a granola bar for on the way home- which she does, But that just isnt enough food, so I had decided I was going to make some healthier, more nutritious, more filling bars from scratch.
     Did you know? The first hour after excersizing or sports, is the best time for you to refuel with a healthy snack, as it is during this time that your body will have maximum ability to absorb nutrients.

While these bars are tasty, filling, and super nutritious, I was looking for a different texture altogether. I mean, they dont suck. They are a bit dry, ( will be just fine with a coffee, tea, or glass of milk) but I had really wanted to make some chewy bars, and this recipe, which I found online -is not it.
If I were to make this recipe again, I would add 2 more Tbsps of butter, and 1/4 cup of honey to make it a bit closer to 'chewy'.
Click the link below to go to part one of Healthy Granola Bars, and dont forget to like/thumbs up the video- and subscribe for more home cooking videos!
In this video, I do the test recipes so you dont have to, and learn how I increased the nutritional value of the bars by adding chia seeds and hemp hearts, which made them taste even better- despite being drier than a popcorn fart.

All in all dry, but very tasty!
I will continue my search for a truly 'chewy' granola bar recipe!
Full recipe and video available at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKzQBWXSzcY

No comments:

Post a Comment