Monday 5 March 2012

March 5 2012

Howdy, Folks!!

     Welcome to SurreySproutLife!!
This blog is all about healthy living. You will find recipes, ideas, tips and tricks on living a healthier, more vibrant life. This is my journey into living better, eating healthier, and where possible, using living, organic foods. I don't pretend to know everything- far from it! But I am making it my business to know what goes into the foods I prepare, serve, and eat at home.  Many years ago when my daughter was born, I discovered she was alleric to milk. She had to go on soy formula, and what an amazing diference it made! She went from screaming 24 hours a day ( and i DO mean 24 hours a day) to being the happiest, most contented baby I had ever seen!
Fast forward a few years and the rash she got every now and then blossomed into eczema/psoriasis/some unknown dermatitis. ( doctors argued about an official diagnosis) However, her skin did not care what diagnosis it got- it was just angry, red, swollen, dry, and itchy- and the child suffered.
It was about that time that I learned that fabric softeners and laundry detergent are the  number one  cause of these types of skin conditions, so I did what any mother would do- I learned to make it myself from scratch, using natural products ( that are very earth friendly as well) and found amazing results! It took about 2 or 3 weeks, but slowly but surely, the rash went away. To my knowledge, it has never returned, and with any luck, it never will again. After that, I started making my own bath/body, and home care products out of natural ingredients that will neither hurt my child, nor the earth we live on. These products will  soon be made available on this site, to you, my gentle readers. Fllow me on my journey into sprouting- growing living, healthy foods  that nourish the body and soul. Let us share knowledge, support each other and the earth, and do what we can to live, love, and laugh a little better this year than we did the year before.
Your comments, ideas, questions or suggestions are always welcome here, and I will do my best to respond to each and every one. Thank you for your support, and your continued efforts in leaving this world a little better than we found it, and with hopes for much laughter and love along the way.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment